Re: [linux-audio-user] Re: Midi to OSC routing

From: Dave Robillard <drobilla@email-addr-hidden>
Date: Mon Sep 04 2006 - 23:35:41 EEST

On Mon, 2006-09-04 at 21:01 +0000, Stefano Barbi wrote:
> On Mon, 2006-09-04 at 19:59 +0200, Carlo Capocasa wrote:
> > The only thing I'm aware of is that the Om synth has plans to
> > incorporate MIDI patching, and since it supports both MIDI and OSC it
> > might be a solution.
>
> Do you mean that Om could actually be used as a router and forward
> incoming messages to any OSC server? that would be intresting, although
> I agree with you that a standalone app would be more suitable..

There is already MIDI patching (though no support for plugins that can
make use of it, but LV2 is solving that as we speak), but no OSC
patching. That will be around soon though, it's basically trivial to
implement, being the same as MIDI as far as Om (now Ingen) is concerned.

Short answer: no, you can't do that, but you will be able to in the
future.

-DR-