Re: [linux-audio-user] That Windows feeling...

From: lanas <lanas@email-addr-hidden>
Date: Wed Sep 06 2006 - 13:30:36 EEST

On Tue, 05 Sep 2006 17:48:42 -0700
Fernando Lopez-Lezcano <nando@email-addr-hidden> écrivait:

> I'm not sure I follow which is which. It tries to send 1600x1200 to a
> 1024x768 monitor? Or the other way around? Which other app are you
> refering to?

I am using SuSE presently for writing this, so I can't refer to the
actual Fedora menus and apps dorectly, but I'll try to describe.

In Fedora there are two ways to see and change the screen resolution.
The first is called 'Screen Resolution' and does not require root
access. The other is called something else and asks you the root
password before proceeding.

#1 will say the screen is 1024x768, which is quite right, but will
offer no other, higher, screen resolutions.

#2 will report that the screen is 1600x1200 (which is not). I've
configured this one for the proper monitor, which is a Viewsonic VP211B
21.3" TFT.

Graphic card is a GeForce 6600. Apart from editing the xorg.conf file
directly, I do not see how to get a higher screen resolution than the
1024x768 since the system thinks it has 1600x1200 and offers nothing
more than 1024x768.

Also, is there any 64-bit version of CCRMA ?

Cheers,
Al