Re: [linux-audio-user] Intel Core 2 Duo users already?

From: Andrew Lyon <andrew.lyon@email-addr-hidden>
Date: Wed Sep 06 2006 - 21:47:09 EEST

On 9/6/06, Drucer Ninetynine <drucer99@email-addr-hidden> wrote:
> Hello again, anybody out there who is already using
> Intel Core2Duo systems? Share your thoughts!

I recently built a new mythtv box with GigaByte GA_965P_DS3
motherboard and 2.4ghz core 2 duo, it has onboard HDA Intel sound with
ALC882 Codec, I am using spdif output to a yamaha home cinema amp
(stereo output and dts spdif passthru) Ive also briefly used the
headphone output, all outputs work very well, I have not used any
inputs yet.

I have problems with other parts of the system but fixes for those are
coming in 2.4.18, there are patches and workarounds for other issues,
the only remaining problem I have is no pata support so no cdrom or
dvdrw :(

The first Intel system I have built for myself since a PII-266, and I
am very impressed!

Andy