[linux-audio-user] PCI Express or Firewire interface with TOSLINK

From: Richard Edward Horner <rich@email-addr-hidden>
Date: Fri Sep 08 2006 - 10:45:08 EEST

Hi,

I've been unable to find an interface that fits this bill. I'm hoping
that either someone can recommend an interface that fits the bill or
definitively tell me that one does not exist.

I'm looking for either a PCI Express or Firewire interface that has AT
LEAST 16 channels in and out (preferably 24) of lightpipe (TOSLINK)
I/O that works in Linux as I'm wondering if it's possible to use an
02R96 with one of the new Mac Pros (which do not have any standard PCI
slots). They come with TOSLINK I/O but it's only one port in and out
and I imagine they probably aren't working in Linux yet.

Thanks, Rich(ard)

--
Richard Edward Horner
Composer