Re: [linux-audio-user] lashifying everything

From: Lars Luthman <lars.luthman@email-addr-hidden>
Date: Tue Sep 12 2006 - 17:05:59 EEST

On Tue, 2006-09-12 at 20:14 +0700, Patrick Shirkey wrote:
> With lashings of ginger beer!
>

> So from my reading a few months back{
>
> first I have to start writing my apps settings to an xml file;
>
> then I have to integrate lash into my app{
> to read the file and tell the lash server when the app
> has made a change to the file;
> }
> }
>
> Is this the basic flow of events?

More like this:

while (not_done) {
  event = wait_for_lash_event()
  if (event == SAVE)
    save program state to the directory specified in the event
  if (event == LOAD)
    load program state from directory specifed in the event
  if (event == QUIT)
    exit the program immediately without asking the user for
confirmation
}

You can also save the entire session from your program by sending a SAVE
event to lashd, but that doesn't change any of the above logic.

--
Lars Luthman - please encrypt any email sent to me if possible
PGP key: http://pgp.mit.edu:11371/pks/lookup?op=get&search=0x04C77E2E