[linux-audio-user] Spoofing

From: lanas <lanas@email-addr-hidden>
Date: Wed Sep 13 2006 - 11:52:06 EEST

Folks,

  While watching the great movie (!) 'Son of Godzilla' I thought it'd
be great fun for the kids and me to add our own dialogues to the
movie. Something in the vein of MST3K or what the Firesign Theatre
once did. We'd take some parts of the movie and add our own silly
dialogues, while keeping the sound effects and music, if possible.

  Now, I won't ask if anyone wasted 'quality fun time' doing this. But
let's suppose some did or at least some have good ideas about how to do
that, perhaps using a homemade DV movie. How would you go about adding a
soundtrack to parts of a movie that's transferred to disk ? Is there a
'movie' player whose audio output can be fed into Jack and mixed using
Ardour ? How about recording back to a 'movie format' the results of
both the audio mix and the footage ?

  Disclaimer: sorry if parts of the query offends digital management
rights activists. This is absolutely not for resale. It is only for
fun.

Cheers,
Al