Re: [linux-audio-user] Ardour's size is out of the screen and can not resized

From: st <st@email-addr-hidden>
Date: Fri Sep 15 2006 - 01:35:42 EEST

> Another reason I'm replying is to mention that a lot of people (especially us
> older types) still use 800x600 (or 640x480) because of our older eyes.

Good point. I'm usually able to ease my eyes on a high res display by
making the fonts larger, and configuring the window manager to use larger
features. I end up with a much nicer looking display with smoother fonts
etc.

I haven't run ardour since reading this thread, but it does seem a bit
odd that it has such a large minimum size. If people want to run 640x480
and scroll around to find the different parts of the program, I guess
they ought to be able to do that.