Re: [linux-audio-user] Ok, what about non firewire mobile cards?

From: carmen <_@email-addr-hidden-your.name>
Date: Sun Sep 17 2006 - 05:29:56 EEST

http://www.olafchrist.de/ieee1394/index.php . soudns like a bit of a gamble. i made the mistake of buying MOTU once and it barely worked on windows. only would properly install after a clean wipe of windows, due to ghosted registry entries or something screwing up their ancient, broken installer. got it working once, but it was chewing 20% of the CPU just to channel MIDI, which is 20% more than a 9 dollar gameport cable.. plus it wouldnt work on linxu despite the usb-audio seeing it..