[linux-audio-user] MusE controller patterns

From: <juuso.alasuutari@email-addr-hidden>
Date: Sun Sep 17 2006 - 15:54:06 EEST

I'm having trouble understanding the logic by which MusE records controller
events. I want to:

- Set all controllers to certain values in the beginning of a pattern,
- record controller events for the pattern, for different controllers,
- edit controller events by hand if necessary (now I can't even see them
anywhere),
- _not_ have the resonance knob jump to 100 % each time the loop starts over
(???).

I know about the program window in the bottom of the pianoroll. But I fail to
realize how it works. What are all these different names? Can't I just specify
a controller ID? I've gotten MusE to record my twiddlings, but I can't see any
trace of it anywhere. When I press play the recorded controller events are
repeated, but where can I edit them? And why does the resonance value violently
change on loop return? (I was trying to drive the nekobee soft synth with MusE
last night.)

Hmm, I know it can't be this bad once I learn how to use it. Can someone please
help?

Thanks,
Juuso

This mail sent through L-secure: http://www.l-secure.net/