Re: [linux-audio-user] [songs] songs /songs/ </songs>

From: Robert Jonsson <rj@email-addr-hidden>
Date: Sun Sep 17 2006 - 22:47:33 EEST

Hi,

On Sunday 17 September 2006 10:48, Thorsten Wilms wrote:
> On Sun, Sep 17, 2006 at 12:51:44AM +0200, Robert Jonsson wrote:
> > For those interested some updated songs:
> > http://spamatica.se/music/spamatica/default/spamatica_-_i_gotta_hand_it_t
> >o_you1.2.ogg
>
> Subtle change, but the bass behaves a bit better now :)

Yes, the changes were small. Mainly I tried to cut in the 80-160 region,
increased the lower region somewhat.

> > http://spamatica.se/music/spamatica/default/spamatica_-_ddb4.ogg
>
> A lot better. Mainly just volume adjustement?

Mainly, but not only. I also added some highpass filter to the guitars to try
to get them out of the "rumblebass" region.
I couldn't leave the arrangement untouched either so there were some minor
adjustments ;) The old version had some clicks on several audio tracks that I
have tried to remove also. Lastly there was several compression artifacts
from the mastering due to a bug in in the limiter used by jamin, this time I
mastered with a patched limiter.

> Anyway, it's right in your face like this track demands to be.
>
> > http://spamatica.se/music/spamatica/default/spamatica_-_bloodsimple1.2.og
>
> Like you took the carpet away it was burried under ;)
> The bass is still much stronger then I'm used to.

Yes, possibly it's still too much. I did try to remove bass overall but I
didn't like it. Basically I prefer it a bit bass heavy, it's indeed much more
balanced in the new version though. I'm learning :)

/Robert

--
http://spamatica.se/musicsite/