Re: [linux-audio-user] Re: Best distro for an Intel Powerbook dual boot?

From: <juuso.alasuutari@email-addr-hidden>
Date: Wed Sep 20 2006 - 11:13:49 EEST

Quoting iainduncan@email-addr-hidden:

> > Do you want to start a flame-war?
>
> Ha ha, no I just want to hear real stories of set ups with audio. So far I
> have
> tried on AMD: Debian, Gentoo, Fedora, and now Ubuntu. Gentoo was the hardest
> install but easiest to tweak out for audio. Dunno what to try on the new
> machine!

If you want to try another source-based distro, give Source Mage a go. It lets
you configure, tweak, and optimize anything that's possible, but installing
packages might not be as hard as with Gentoo. The documentation isn't as
plentiful yet, though, but you'll find myself and a bunch of other helpful
people on #sourcemage.

</shameless plug>

Juuso

This mail sent through L-secure: http://www.l-secure.net/