Re: [linux-audio-user] Do I need a preamp for the SoundBlaster Live?

From: Ismael Valladolid Torres <ivalladolidt@email-addr-hidden>
Date: Thu Sep 21 2006 - 14:38:21 EEST

Tim Beauregard escribe:
> My question is basic, do I need a preamp for the microphone or is the
> LiveDrive doing that job? At the moment the volume which is high enough
> to hear through the speakers is very close to feedback volume, and also
> sounds distorted.

It should be doing the job, however Creative's stuff is well known for
having awful audio converters. An external preamp --ART, Presonus--
should give a better signal to be plugged into line in
connector. Ideally, get a better soundcard, M-Audio stuff is not so
expensive.

Cordially, Ismael

--
Ismael Valladolid Torres   "Il est vain de pleurer sur l'esprit, il suffit
                                de travailler pour lui." Albert Camus