[linux-audio-user] Re: ANN: bristol 0.9.5-60

From: David Baron <d_baron@email-addr-hidden>
Date: Thu Sep 21 2006 - 15:42:32 EEST

Yes, Nice piece of work.

However, I have the following problems on my Debian Sid box:

1. This new version seems to always load two instances of the requested synth:
One without and one with the watermark.

2. After closing one synth and invoking another, the sounds of the previous
one are still active. Cannot always get the new one to change.

3. Jack did not work.

4. Some of the synths get no sound. I may be I do not know how to use them.
B3, Rhodes, Mini work out of the box.

MIDI works fine but one must specify the -mididev if this is not the first
alsa/oss device. Mine being the second one, I have to give it /dev/midi1 in a
OSS mode and hw129:0 in ALSA. I assume there is a way of (setting up for)
using device names instead of this stuff.