Re: [linux-audio-user] Command line tool for sending SysEx to a syhtn?

From: Josh Lawrence <hardbop200@email-addr-hidden>
Date: Thu Sep 21 2006 - 19:03:41 EEST

On 9/21/06, Michael Schnurpfeil <m_schnurpfeil@email-addr-hidden> wrote:
> you can use amidi from the alsa-utils.
> type 'amidi -l' to find out where your synth is connected. you may see
> something like this:
>
> Device Name
> hw:0,0 M Audio Delta 1010 MIDI
> hw:2,0,0 your_synth
>
> with 'amidi -p hw:2 -s preset1.syx' you can send sysex to your synth.
>
> Mike

I used this tool to upgrade my Roland XV-3080's OS in the past. The
update was a mass of sysex files. amidi worked perfectly, without any
fuss.

On Debian, I can't remember if the alsa-tools or alsa-utils package
has amidi in it, but it is one of those. Good luck.

--
Josh Lawrence
http://www.hardbop200.com