Re: [linux-audio-user] Realtime kernel does not boot

From: Mark Knecht <markknecht@email-addr-hidden>
Date: Fri Sep 22 2006 - 07:45:42 EEST

On 9/21/06, Lee Revell <rlrevell@email-addr-hidden-job.com> wrote:
> On Thu, 2006-09-21 at 17:01 -0700, Mark Knecht wrote:
> > I was using the
> > ati-driver-8.28.8 driver which is most likely the culprit.
>
> The LKML guys won't help you if you're using binary drivers; make sure
> you were using the open source driver if you post bug reports.
>
> Lee

Lee,
   Candidly it's not the least bit important to me at all if they want
to help or not. If I run into a problem, and it's clearly a kernel
problem, then I report it. I understand that there have been many
issues with the ati-drivers in the past. that's always the way it is
with the ATI stuff. I hate it, but I cannot change it.

   I don't and won't be running this kernel any time soon. Ingo put it
out there and *he* asked people to test it. He doesn't get to pick how
we test it and in fact he doesn't place any restrictions on how we
test it. If he doesn't want to work on a bug that's reported then
that's completely his business. Not a problem for me. He picks what he
works on. I pick what I report.

   I'm not gonna run 2.6.18-rtX for months I'm sure.

   None the less, you asked for a report here so hopefully I've given
you what you wanted.

Cheers,
Mark