Re: [linux-audio-user] Realtime kernel does not boot

From: Mark Knecht <markknecht@email-addr-hidden>
Date: Fri Sep 22 2006 - 16:43:28 EEST

On 9/22/06, Florian Schmidt <mista.tapas@email-addr-hidden> wrote:
<SNIP>
> Well, if you use a closed source driver, there's no way for Ingo to fix it.
> Period. That's why noone will look at it. The place to report kernel troubles
> to, when using closed source drivers, is the provider of these kernel
> drivers. In this case ATI.
>
> Regards,
> Flo

Flo,
   Please read the thread.

   This conversation is just silly and a waste of time. Just because
an ATI driver is on the machine doesn't mean you don't report a
problem with the with the kernel to Ingo. What about when I boot the
machine, the kernel has a problem at boot time and I'm not even in X?
What about when the ATI driver isn't being loaded and the machine is
in text mode? What about when I *do* have the ATI driver loaded and
the problem is clearly kernel related? This conversation is just silly
and a waste of time.

   As I stated earlier, I do not report problems to Ingo that are ATI
driver related. I did not report this specific problem (machine
crashed when exiting X) to him since it was possibly ATI related. I
reported other problems. Please read the thread.

- Mark