Re: [linux-audio-user] Realtime kernel does not boot

From: Mark Knecht <markknecht@email-addr-hidden>
Date: Fri Sep 22 2006 - 19:58:55 EEST

On 9/22/06, Lee Revell <rlrevell@email-addr-hidden-job.com> wrote:
> On Fri, 2006-09-22 at 09:29 -0700, Mark Knecht wrote:
> > OK. To make you guys happy I rebuilt 2.6.18-rt3 with radeon and DRI
> > support turned on. The kernel did not boot. It hung immediately saying
> > it couldn't find the hard drive.
>
> Is it an SMP kernel? If so, do you have better results with SMP
> disabled?
>
> Lee

It is not an SMP kernel and the ONLY change I made was to enable the
radeon driver and DRI. Since DRI isn't working for my ATI chipset I
will try turning that off and rebuilding again.

The message was the one you get when the kernel cannot find the
drives, generally because you forgot to build in ext3 support..
Something like drive not found - VFS not syncing.

- Mark