Re: [linux-audio-user] Re:Re: ANN: bristol 0.9.5-60

From: tim hall <tech@email-addr-hidden>
Date: Sat Sep 23 2006 - 10:59:56 EEST

On Thursday 21 September 2006 03:38, Sylvain Robitaille was like:
> > I will put the EMS Synthi on the list, although I don't have a breadboard
> > patching and I was not aware they had patch cable controlled synths -
> > this is EMS, no?
>
> Yes.  From what I read (I have no direct experience with any EMS models),
> the Synthi 100 was a massive unit that you quite literally built your
> studio around (ie: install the synth _before_ the walls go up!)  I don't
> _think_ it was modular in the purest sense of that term, though I imagine
> it likely had a patchbay.

I was thinking of the Synthi A or VCS3. Surely they would make more realistic
targets? Certainly that would be what I'd want to emulate.

http://www.ems-synthi.demon.co.uk/emsprods.html#vcs3
http://www.ems-synthi.demon.co.uk/emsprods.html#synthia

I don't know whether Graham Hinton would be prepared to help with this. I may
get the chance to talk to him in the near future, so it would be useful to
have some intelligent questions to ask if the opportunity arises.

--
cheers,
tim hall