Re: [linux-audio-user] Linux-friendly portable music player?

From: lanas <lanas@email-addr-hidden>
Date: Wed Sep 27 2006 - 00:40:01 EEST

On Mon, 25 Sep 2006 20:27:26 +0300
Juhana Sadeharju <kouhia@email-addr-hidden> wrote:

> Hello. What would be an economical and Linux-friendly portable
> music player?

Depends what 'economical' means. I recently bought a iRiver T30 1 GB
for some $110 USD. It can play ogg files. Works with Linux, using
gphoto (libgphoto2). Copy voice files from it (has a recorder built-in,
nice feature to make your boss remember things he said) and put ogg (and
mp3) files in it. Sound is nice.

With Linux I use gphoto (libgphoto2) as root to access files. Could be
simpler I guess, but I'm lazy, so I copy/paste commands. One of these
days I'll make a userland Perl interface.

Cheers,
Al