Re: [linux-audio-user] Linux-friendly portable music player?

From: lanas <lanas@email-addr-hidden>
Date: Wed Sep 27 2006 - 14:17:10 EEST

Le Mercredi 27 Septembre 2006 05:55, Brendon Oliver a écrit :

> Just curious, why do you need to mess with libgphoto2 in order to access
> your T30? I have a 1Gb T20 and it presents as a USB mas-storage device.

It's still in MTP mode. The iRiver software to convert the T30 to UMS:

http://www.iriver.com/html/support/faq/sufq_view.asp?idx=387

runs under Windows and I did not got yet to boot Windows for that unique
purpose.

It now runs with gphoto (who added this support recently) and it's OK for me
for the time being. I use the device mostly to record short improv snippets
I play on the guitar in the living room. It's great for that. Sometimes
nice stuff to build on is done when 'you're not there' so to speak. Like
when picking up the accoustic guitar for a few minutes when waiting for
something. These improv riffs, at least for me, are too often way too easily
forgotten. So I record them on the iRiver and get back to them, eventually,
later.

Cheers.
Al