Re: [linux-audio-user] ANN: bristol 0.9.5-60

From: Nick Copeland <nickycopeland@email-addr-hidden>
Date: Fri Sep 29 2006 - 16:22:40 EEST

>rhodes, and rhodes-bass arent working, segfault?

Not the first complaint about these algorithms failing. To test it you
minimally need read access to the whole tree where you installed and built
bristol so that you can read the memories, then use the startBristol script
in the bin directory: 'startBristol -rhodes'. That is supposed to work, and
if that is how you get segmentation faults then I could do with the output
from a gdb stack backtrace ('gdb <bristol> <core>' then type in "backtrace",
or a core file sent directly to me).

>copy in to /usr/local/bin or /usr/local/lib, so that i can put some
>menu-entries, so being able to start from menu?

Hm, this is the second request for an install operation. Can you not build
in the full path to the startBristol script, with options, as a menu
command? Is the issue here that libraries cannot be found due to root
permissions and security or that binaries cannot be found if the path is not
configured correctly?

Kind regards,

nick.