Re: [linux-audio-user] Ardour: Stereo or mono inputs ?

From: Carotinho <carotinobg@email-addr-hidden>
Date: Sun Oct 01 2006 - 21:27:13 EEST

Hi!

Alle 01:01, sabato 30 settembre 2006, lanas ha scritto:
> Folks,
>
> Until recently I used to connect one output (L or R) to one mono
> Ardor input. Then I thought, well, most apps have stereo outs, so why
> not connect both ? This way Freeverb works ! Apart from that, what do
> you most often use, mono or stereo ? What's your approach ?

I use stereo tracks in Ardour connected to stereo sources, because I generally
want to treat the sound of eg. a synth, which can vary between the two
channels, and whose final sound comes from the sum of both, as a singular
audio source in my project. I've never felt the necessity to apply effects to
a channel and not to the other.

My 2 eurocents!

Byez!

Carotinho