Re: [linux-audio-user] improving midi/synth'd sound

From: Michael Rasmussen <mikeraz@email-addr-hidden>
Date: Sun Oct 01 2006 - 22:41:23 EEST

Julien Claassen wrote:
> I think timidity doesn't support those directly. I may be wrong though. The
> best way of improving for timidity I found was using soundfonts. The fluid r3,
> an extrac piano, rhodes and harpsichord, sound quite nice. Still definitely
> midi, but definitely better than simple gus patch files. I hope that helps!

It does. Now I just have to figure out how to get timidity to use soundfonts.
As the end of my post I'd asked about documentation - my install doesn't have
any and the site linked to from the timidity website is currently broken.

I'm all ready to go with sound fonts, as soon as I know how.

--
      Michael Rasmussen, Portland Oregon
    Be appropriate && Follow your curiosity