Re: [linux-audio-user] Intel DG965WH motherboard

From: John Anderson <ardour@email-addr-hidden>
Date: Tue Oct 03 2006 - 15:39:52 EEST

On Tue, 2006-10-03 at 07:29 +0200, John Anderson wrote:
> Hi y'all
>
> My PC died very suddenly on Sunday night (moment of silence).
>
> One can't buy Sempron processors here anymore, so yesterday I bought an
> Intel DG965WH motherboard with a Core Duo E6600 and 2G of RAM. I managed
> to get it up and running without too many problems using my previous
> 32bit installation (Gentoo). There were however a couple of non-critical
> gotchas:
[snip]

Oh, and watch out for the BIOS updates MQ1176P and MQ1233P. Neither of
them booted off the SCSI drive (Adaptec 29160 controller). It worked
again when I went back to MQ0816P.

Of course the only way to contact the technical people is via one of the
"Technical Support Programs". Apparently the engineers at Intel never
make mistakes :-| Or not publicly, anyway.

bye
John