[linux-audio-user] VST API license

From: Ivica Ico Bukvic <ico@email-addr-hidden>
Date: Tue Oct 03 2006 - 19:10:29 EEST

Hi all,

I am in the process of considering to, on behalf of Linuxaudio.org,
negotiate with Steinberg possible change of VST API license in order to
allow its easier adoption within Linux LGPL/GPL environment. As Daniel has
already pointed out, with Yamaha now owning Steinberg, we ought to have a
better chance at making this a reality.

For this reason, I was wondering if anyone else is currently working on this
and if so what is its status. I also recall quite a few years ago Paul
trying to compile a letter to Steinberg. Whatever happened to that?

Ivica Ico Bukvic, D.M.A.
Linuxaudio.org Director
Virginia Tech
Department of Music - 0240