[linux-audio-user] Control path in Om

From: Yves Potin <yves@email-addr-hidden>
Date: Fri Oct 06 2006 - 20:15:11 EEST

        Hi.
        I'm becoming like a goat, as we say in French, when trying to
pilot a control path with a midi input in Om.
        Let's say I take the osc provided in the CAPS suite, which has its
frequency available as a control parameter (in green). How can I control
this parameter with another thing, for example a MIDI input, as I can
find absolutely no module which has a frequency as a control (green)
output ? (there are the frequency modulators but again it raises the
problem to enter in this module a frequency, and find a frequency as
control signal at the ouput. None of the four frequency modulators seem to
permit this).
        And if I want the (blue) output of a VCO to control another thing,
let's say the frequency, or depth, or whatever, of a LFO which has a
control (green) input, or the frequency of a filter, how can this be made
?
        If I understand well what a synth is, I always believed that the
output of a module can be used either as an audio signal or a control
signal. What did I miss in Om ?
        I have installed these plugins :

[I] media-plugins/caps-plugins (0.3.0-r1):
[I] media-plugins/fil-plugins (0.1.0):
[I] media-plugins/mcp-plugins (0.3.0):
[I] media-plugins/rev-plugins (0.3.1):
[I] media-plugins/swh-plugins (0.4.15):
[I] media-plugins/tap-plugins (0.7.0):
[I] media-plugins/vco-plugins (0.3.0):
[I] media-plugins/njl-plugins (0.2.1-r1):
[I] media-plugins/omins (0.2.0):

        Thanks in advance for any help.
        Best,

Y.