Re: [linux-audio-user] Control path in Om

From: Thorsten Wilms <t_w_@email-addr-hidden>
Date: Sat Oct 07 2006 - 15:12:40 EEST

On Sat, Oct 07, 2006 at 01:44:48PM +0200, Yves Potin wrote:

> Thank you very much, that's exactly what I was searching for. I've
> found your plugin there :
> http://lists.gnu.org/archive/html/om-synth/2005-11/msg00032.html
> The result is here :
> http://www.jazzcomputer.org/om.jpg
> http://www.jazzcomputer.org/noise.om
> As, without your plugin, I've spent much more than three or four
> hours to do what I wanted without success, and found the solution in 5
> minutes with it, I'd be very curious and interested to know how this can
> be achieved in the « traditional » way in Om, i.e. controlling in time the
> evolution of a filter with an envelope, which seems a somewhat common
> use of a synth to me :).

Ehm, just put Resonance (CR) to 0 and use Resonance (AR)?
Lars was so nice to check this works out, even :)

Otherwise use the 4 Pole Low-Pass Filter with Resonance (FARAIA).

I would guess that you can get away with dynamic CR on resonance
if the envelope isn't very fast / the change not that drastic.
Otherwise artefacts can be expected.

It would be great if the rate of ports could be switched, but
LADSPA doesn't allow for this and LV2 might only with an
extension.

--
Thorsten Wilms