Re: [linux-audio-user] VST support in Ardour2 beta.

From: Paul Davis <paul@email-addr-hidden>
Date: Wed Oct 11 2006 - 20:31:26 EEST

On Wed, 2006-10-11 at 17:41 +0200, Peder Hedlund wrote:
> > How do I compile VST-support into Ardour2 beta?
> > VST=yes, but after that?
> > Where should i put the VST SDK 2.3 directory?
>
> Make sure you have wine installed. (I tried with the latest).
>
> You have to copy the vstsdk2.3/source/common/*.h to /usr/include/vst
> (I think this is a bug. You shouldn't have to be root to install ardour)

unnecessary too.

unpack the VST 2.3 SDK into libs/fst
then mkdir libs/fst/vst
then copy the contents of libs/fst/vstsdk2.3/source/common/*.h to
libs/fst/vst

done.

> like these : http://www.kjaerhusaudio.com/classic-series.php,
> in a "vst" directory in your home dir and make a symbolic link to that
> from /usr/local/lib (I think there's a varaiable you can use to point to
> your directory as well)

ardour uses the VST_PLUGINS environment variable, same name as used on
win32 and OSX, to define a search path for plugins. VST_PATH is also
supported.