Re: [linux-audio-user] Display audio input as waveform

From: Dominic Sacré <dominic.sacre@email-addr-hidden>
Date: Fri Oct 13 2006 - 13:11:45 EEST

On Thursday, 12. October 2006 19:40, Andrew Gaydenko wrote:
> or http://svenqueisser.de/qoscc.html
>
> ======= On Thursday 12 October 2006 21:28, Paul Coccoli wrote: =======
>
> http://www.student.nada.kth.se/~d00-llu/music_dssi.php?lang=en
> or maybe
> http://plugin.org.uk/meterbridge/

Thanks for the suggestions. Unfortunately it's still not exactly what I
need. Maybe I should explain what I'm trying to achieve...

I'd like to be able to spot timing differences/irregularities between
multiple audio tracks. When I have two tracks recorded in Ardour, I can
easily do this by looking at the tracks, and seeing whether the positions
of the notes match.
But during recording Ardour is not very useful for this, because the
waveform is only displayed in chunks of one second or something, and it
wraps around every time the play head reaches the right edge of the
window.

So what I'm looking for is something that displays the waveforms/tracks
similar to the way Ardour does, but always lets me see immediately what
was just played/recorded. If qoscc can to this and I just didn't find the
right settings, please let me know.

Thanks,
    Dominic