Re: [linux-audio-user] [hit] new tune

From: Robert Jonsson <rj@email-addr-hidden>
Date: Sat Oct 14 2006 - 23:12:05 EEST

On Saturday 14 October 2006 17:27, Folderol wrote:
> On Sat, 14 Oct 2006 16:06:27 +0200
>
> Thorsten Wilms <t_w_@email-addr-hidden> wrote:
> > On Sat, Oct 14, 2006 at 02:42:12PM +0200, Robert Jonsson wrote:
> > > http://spamatica.se/music/spamatica/default/spamatica_-_one_hit_wonder1
> > >.2.ogg

New one
http://spamatica.se/music/spamatica/default/spamatica_-_one_hit_wonder1.3.ogg

> Sounds very 60s :)

it does?? :-) one hit wonder ay? ;)

> > My first impression was: Wow!
> > Followed by noticing that overly strong bass attenuation again,
> > trouble understanding a word and thinking the singer hides behind
> > effects a bit much ;)
> >
> > Please up the vocals quite some.

Trying. Though the effects are nonnegotiable ;)

> I pretty much agree here. How do you check levels? Bass in particular
> can be very sensitive to amp quality, and you need to keep in mind many
> of your listeners will be hearing it on computer speakers, portables
> etc.

I think I need an ear calibration... as you know this isn't my first offence.
I do indeed like it a bit bassy, I guess my monitors are forgiving in that it
does not sound bad. I think I'll try to find some computer speakers for
comparison.

> > At 3:15 I had the feeling it's running out of steam a bit ...
> > and then it was over, so the lenght is allright.
>
> Yep agree here too

Indeed it does, a bit too soon..

/Robert

--