[linux-audio-user] freebob hw support

From: Rik Baeten <zipkes@email-addr-hidden>
Date: Tue Oct 17 2006 - 04:05:11 EEST

Hello,

For firewire audio cards like the Presonus Firebox (or FA-101,
Quatafire, Phase 88):

Are the following features already supported by freeBoB or is it
possible that they will be supported somewhere in the future:

1) "zero-latency support" - Does freeBoB support the zero latency DSP
mixer to mix live input audio streams with the software output stream?

2) control panel compatibility - Can I set the different special
features in the software, like:
 - +12 dB input level boost
 - Choose clock source

3) audio patching and mixing - I suppose I can do everything with jack.

4) typical latency - Is the smallest latency without xruns (fast enough
computer with real-time kernel) considerably different with any of these
devices? Any figures?

thanks!

--
Rik Baeten