[linux-audio-user] MIDI splitter

From: yonatan <yonatan_avraham@email-addr-hidden>
Date: Thu Oct 19 2006 - 16:17:16 EEST

When choosing a MIDI keyboard controller, is the abillity to split the
keyboard into different zones an essential feature of the keyboard itself,
or can it be done with software for keyboards that don't provide this
ability built-it? I did come across ace, "a command line midi
splitter/processor especially suited for live, keyboard-driven use together
with csound," although I don't know if a) this is the correct tool or b) if
it works in a jack/alsa based environment (e.g. put in other words, I load
my virtual instruments and they appear in qjackctl as MIDI writeable
clients, and I plug in the keyboard and it appears in qjackctl as MIDI
readable clients. The question is how can I divide the MIDI output from the
keyboard to different instruments based on keyboard range.)

Thanks,
Yonatan