Re: [linux-audio-user] flash 9 beta

From: Lee Revell <rlrevell@email-addr-hidden-job.com>
Date: Thu Oct 19 2006 - 19:32:24 EEST

On Thu, 2006-10-19 at 11:45 -0400, Paul Winkler wrote:
> finally!
> http://labs.adobe.com/technologies/flashplayer9/
> seems to work here with firefox 1.5.0.7.
>
> *much* better sound synchronization - i can finally watch stuff on
> youtube without screaming in frustration.

ARRRGGGGGGHHHHHHHH!!!!!!! On my 600Mhz machine (which plays big divx
DVD and HDTV rips perfectly in full screen mode) I get at MOST 1 FPS.
Most YouTube videos never play - the red bar fills up, I see the first
frame, and can fast forward and rewind, but the video behaves as if it's
always paused.

Guess I'll have to go back to Windows if I want to use this new &
improved proprietary multimedia Internet... sigh... it was fun while it
lasted.

Lee