Re: [linux-audio-user] flash 9 beta

From: Rob <lau@email-addr-hidden>
Date: Thu Oct 19 2006 - 23:13:17 EEST

On Thursday 19 October 2006 16:02, Robert Persson wrote:
> up his mother. You'd need to rummage for them, but they are
> there somewhere. All in full screen of course. And you can
> save movies permanently if you like. And you can use it for

While I agree that Youtube is 99 and 44/100 percent crap, I've
never watched one of their videos here in my browser at home.
There's a Greasemonkey script for Firefox that converts the
embedded video into a download link, which lets you save
the .flv file to your hard disk for playback or conversion using
mplayer.

The quality doesn't improve at all but at least it's permanent
(and since most of the good stuff on Youtube is illegally
posted, like Lazy Sunday, you can't underestimate the importance
of that feature.)

Rob