Re: [linux-audio-user] flash 9 beta

From: Thomas Vecchione <seablaede@email-addr-hidden>
Date: Fri Oct 20 2006 - 02:55:25 EEST

> I figure that's temporary, though. It'll go the way of Napster.

Actually YouTube recently signed a deal(Right before Google bought them)
that made it so they can legally host WB's music videos, and I believe
since then a few other studios have jumped on board. In return they get
a cut of the advertising from while those videos are being played.

As such, it may rapidly become a new method of delivering content
legally, and finally may be a step in the right direction on the part of
the RIAA/MPAA instead of trying to sue everyone and their dead mother too.

Unfortunatly though that may have mixed results for Linux if things
don't improve for our support of flash on it.

        Seablade