Re: [linux-audio-user] flash 9 beta

From: david <gnome@email-addr-hidden>
Date: Fri Oct 20 2006 - 04:30:08 EEST

carmen wrote:
>> The Flash 9 beta is out for linux (came out a couple days ago) and
>> while I don't do Youtube in the browser, it seems pretty good for
>> everything else.
>
> doesnt work on x86,

Hmmm? Works here on dull boring Intel Celeron laptop.

> or ppc, or MIPS, or freeBSD etc...yawn
>
> luckily nobody is insane enough to make entire sites in Flash (eg
> FLEX) so greasemonkey hacks will let the rest of at least view 'tv
> 2.0'

Practically every movie site today demands Flash. I like the phrase "TV
2.0"! And a lot of web design firms seem to think that they have to do
it all in Flash now ...

Another great local geek computer store takes the first step that will
put it out of business:

http://www.personaltouchcomputers.com/newsite/Welcome.htm

--
David