Re: [linux-audio-user] flash 9 beta

From: Thomas Vecchione <seablaede@email-addr-hidden>
Date: Fri Oct 20 2006 - 06:39:18 EEST

> how long after 32 bit x86 chips came out, did they stop differentiating between 16 and 32 bit versions when discussing them? now that x86_64 has been out about 4 years, i think maybe we can start doing that again with 32 and 64.. so i stand by my claim it only works on computers that you can no longer buy (check the latest offerings from AMD and Intel, theyre all 64 bit)

Except while the latest from Intel may be 64 bit, the vast majority of
the world is still running 32 bit on Intel, and I believe you can still
get 32 bit from Intel, as not all of apple's line for example have been
converted to 64 Bit yet(Mac Mini for example)

So differentiating x86_64 and x86(Generally refers to 32 Bit) is
probably a good idea still.

       Seablade