Re: [linux-audio-user] Can't mount usb MP4 player

From: robert lazarski <robertlazarski@email-addr-hidden>
Date: Fri Oct 20 2006 - 17:23:08 EEST

On 10/20/06, Joe Hartley <jh@email-addr-hidden> wrote:
> On Fri, 20 Oct 2006 12:14:35 -0200
> "robert lazarski" <robertlazarski@email-addr-hidden> wrote:
> > Doing 'cat /proc/bus/usb/devices' shows no such device, and I get
> > nothing in /var/log/messages .
>
> Try looking at the tail end of the output from dmesg, that's where info
> on a usb device will be written when it's plugged in.
>
> --

I seen that, but was not sure why its trying to mount on /dev/hda or
if that's really usb trying to mount there:

drivers/usb/serial/usb-serial.c: USB Serial support registered for Generic
usbcore: registered new driver usbserial_generic
usbcore: registered new driver usbserial
drivers/usb/serial/usb-serial.c: USB Serial Driver core v2.0
subfs 0.9
ISO 9660 Extensions: RRIP_1991A
end_request: I/O error, dev fd0, sector 0
end_request: I/O error, dev fd0, sector 0
end_request: I/O error, dev fd0, sector 0
end_request: I/O error, dev fd0, sector 0
subfs: unsuccessful attempt to mount media (256)
end_request: I/O error, dev fd0, sector 0
end_request: I/O error, dev fd0, sector 0
end_request: I/O error, dev fd0, sector 0
end_request: I/O error, dev fd0, sector 0
subfs: unsuccessful attempt to mount media (256)
end_request: I/O error, dev fd0, sector 0
end_request: I/O error, dev fd0, sector 0
end_request: I/O error, dev fd0, sector 0
end_request: I/O error, dev fd0, sector 0
subfs: unsuccessful attempt to mount media (256)
hda: packet command error: status=0x51 { DriveReady SeekComplete Error }
hda: packet command error: error=0x54 { AbortedCommand LastFailedSense=0x05 }
ide: failed opcode was: unknown
hda: packet command error: status=0x51 { DriveReady SeekComplete Error }
hda: packet command error: error=0x54 { AbortedCommand LastFailedSense=0x05 }
ide: failed opcode was: unknown
hda: packet command error: status=0x51 { DriveReady SeekComplete Error }
hda: packet command error: error=0x54 { AbortedCommand LastFailedSense=0x05 }
ide: failed opcode was: unknown
hda: packet command error: status=0x51 { DriveReady SeekComplete Error }
hda: packet command error: error=0x54 { AbortedCommand LastFailedSense=0x05 }
ide: failed opcode was: unknown
ISO 9660 Extensions: RRIP_1991A

As you can see, I don't use hda :

 /root> df -m
Filesystem 1M-blocks Used Available Use% Mounted on
/dev/sda5 36428 29754 4825 87% /
tmpfs 505 0 505 0% /dev/shm
/dev/sda2 92 13 75 15% /boot
/dev/sda1 38148 7696 30452 21% /winblows

Robert