Re: [linux-audio-user] [hit] new tune

From: Robert Jonsson <rj@email-addr-hidden>
Date: Fri Oct 20 2006 - 21:05:02 EEST

On Monday 16 October 2006 23:12, Paul Winkler wrote:
> On Sat, Oct 14, 2006 at 10:12:05PM +0200, Robert Jonsson wrote:
> > On Saturday 14 October 2006 17:27, Folderol wrote:

> > New one
> > http://spamatica.se/music/spamatica/default/spamatica_-_one_hit_wonder1.3
> >.ogg
>
> That's hysterical. Mix sounds great in my headphones (AKG K240).
>
> Very nice guitar and bass sounds, care to explain how you recorded those?

Sure, nothing original. I just play _very_ hard...

;)

ok ok

Both are recorded through a PODxt with a heavily tweaked guitar patch that I
like very much. Dark, does not distort that much unless you hit it hard. Oh
and the guitar was tuned in D.
The bass used another patch with a bit of distortion to get some more
presence.

> Drums are odd: they sound like samples (almost impossible to avoid
> without using a real drummer IMO), but the timing has some human
> roughness to it - which overall I like a lot, but there are some fills
> where the drummer seems to be a bit drunk :) Appropriate for the style
> though.

Yes, drunk, me. Drum programming is tireing... It is possible that a tempo
related bug in MusE has something to do with it also. I need to check that.

/Robert

--
http://spamatica.se/musicsite/