[linux-audio-user] Re: E17 - our choice of WM in the future?

From: David Baron <d_baron@email-addr-hidden>
Date: Wed Oct 25 2006 - 17:36:24 EEST

Looks really, really exciting!
Note the Dynebolic uses neither KDE no Gnome which are simply too heavy.

I would like to give this a try. KDM logon will let one choose "other" window
managers. Question of installing yet another is disk space available and:

1. Can one run KDE or Gnome apps on it. These two have become more
interoperable. Various Gnome apps run on KDE. I can live without
Konqueror--Opera is much quicker. I suppose KMail could be replaced. I use
KPackage regularly for upgrading and cannot stand Aptitude. That leaves a few
KDE games. Do not have to remove KDE in any event if I have enough space.

2. Compatability with various video cards. NVidia? This stuff should be taken
care of through the kernel and Xorg but there have been problems around.

3. Compatablity with kernels?

KDE is very nice but much to heavy. E17 certain looks like an interesting
"present" :-)