Re: [linux-audio-user] Re: Fractal Music for Linux

From: david <gnome@email-addr-hidden>
Date: Thu Oct 26 2006 - 00:59:39 EEST

Carlo Capocasa wrote:
>> Seems to me that fractals are complex by nature. If you want a tool
>> that will realy let you generate music with math equations, that will
>> probably be complex too.
>
> Disagree on that one. Evidence in my favor is XaoS, or the Gimp fractal
> browser.
>
> I'm looking for the same thing. I resorted to prayer.

Hmm, here's some links that I found:

http://lac.zkm.de/2005/papers/georg_boenn.pdf
http://www.iua.upf.es/mtg/publications/DEA-2003-RubenHinojosa.pdf
http://sound.condorow.net/swss.html
http://members.tripod.com/~paulwhalley/ (Windows app)
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Algorithmic_music
http://www.synthzone.com/compgen.htm
http://www.nosuch.com/tjt/tunetoys.html
http://music.columbia.edu/cmc/courses/g6610/fall2003/week3/index.html

I used to have a DOS program here called (I think) Fractal-To-Midi (FTM)
that did a good job of turning images into MIDI event lists. The demo
files that came with it were nice. I could never find software that
could take the output of the program and turn it into real MIDI files
for use in anything else, though.

--
David
gnome@email-addr-hidden