Re: [linux-audio-user] Re: E17 - our choice of WM in the future?

From: Chris McCormick <chris@email-addr-hidden>
Date: Thu Oct 26 2006 - 06:43:19 EEST

On Wed, Oct 25, 2006 at 01:31:03PM -0700, Mark Knecht wrote:
> On 10/25/06, Paul Davis <paul@email-addr-hidden> wrote:
>
> Do you mean something like the Windows 'Run' command?

On the off-topic of Run-command I want to recommend fbrun to
fluxbox/blackbox/openbox users. I don't ever use the right-click menu
any more; I have fbrun bound to alt-tilde and then type the name of the
application i want into the box (or most of it and press tab). Fbrun
disappears as soon as the application launches. I have xterm bound to
a different keypress for complicated tasks. It just makes launching apps
so much quicker.

Whilst I don't advocate that for users, one of my musician friends is
completely non-technical and thought that taht was the coolest thing
he'd ever seen. He said he hates having to wade through menus and click
icons all the time.

Best,

Chris.

chris@email-addr-hidden