Re: [linux-audio-user] E17 - our choice of WM in the future?

From: Chris McCormick <chris@email-addr-hidden>
Date: Thu Oct 26 2006 - 12:01:03 EEST

On Thu, Oct 26, 2006 at 05:32:19AM +0000, carmen wrote:
> On Thu Oct 26, 2006 at 11:55:37AM +0800, Chris McCormick wrote:
> > On Wed, Oct 25, 2006 at 02:32:12PM +0200, Leonard paniq Ritter wrote:
> > > let the flamewar begin! e17 looks ugly!
> >
> > Whilst I realise that this is probably humorous trolling, I think I
> > can safely say that most people would disagree with you.
>
> the e17 default theme is pretty damn ugly, however. and unless you want
> to spend 6 months learning how to compress .edje files into .ewz and
> then pack them into .eapp containers so .ebjx can load them, instead
> of say making music or using a window manager that doesnt take 106 MB
> of RAM, you probably cant make a better theme..

Whilst it is a very subjective matter, I suspect you are in the minority
in thinking that the e17 default theme is ugly. Anecdotal evidence;
everyone I have shown the Live CD to has made noises like "oooooh" and
"wow!" Additionally, I am not arguing that it's easy to make themes for
e17, nor that e17 is light on memory, simply that most people think that
it is lovely to look at.

Best,

Chris.

chris@email-addr-hidden