Re: [linux-audio-user] Re: E17 - our choice of WM in the future?

From: Mark Knecht <markknecht@email-addr-hidden>
Date: Fri Oct 27 2006 - 22:01:03 EEST

On 10/27/06, Patrick Shirkey <pshirkey@email-addr-hidden> wrote:
<SNIP>

> I imagine he said that with tongue in cheek.
>
> Part of the reason that e17 has taken so long to get to this stage is
> because Raster has been otherwise employed in Tokyo working for Dokomo
> writing code for their latest Linux based cellphones among other things.

For kicks I built E17. It runs on my AMD64 machine and looks fairly
nice but many of the basic windowing operations seem sort of slow
compared to Gnome.

I suppose there are instructions around for how to build some menus
but default out of the box it didn't give me access to any
applications other than Firefox and a terminal so it is very minimal.

I didn't look yet at what sort of memory footprint it might have.
Since it seems slower than Gnome I wasn't that interested.

Just my 2 cents,
Mark