Re: [linux-audio-user] Vocals

From: tim hall <tech@email-addr-hidden>
Date: Mon Oct 30 2006 - 20:14:38 EET

On Monday 30 October 2006 03:23, chaz kiser was like:
> Any suggestions what plugins or effects in Audacity I could utilize to
> make my vocals sound better, or more importantly, like someone else?

My first thought was: Get someone else to sing them
My second thought was: Take singing lessons

Whether these steps or applying effects to your voice make it sound any
better, is very subjective. Most of us think our own voices sound horrible,
but you get used to it. A bit of compression and reverb is fine, but best
results are usually obtained by not swamping the vocals with effects. You
could try applying radical EQ settings to the voice or even possibly
pitchshifting depending on how extreme you want the effect to be.

--
cheers,
tim hall