[linux-audio-user] Linux audio sites on the www

From: Mathias Friman <mathias.friman@email-addr-hidden>
Date: Tue Oct 31 2006 - 14:34:43 EET

Hi list.

In my quest for good audio related documentation for the Linux platform, several things
strike me:

1. It is very scattered around the internet.
2. It has no unified structure
3. It is, in some cases, downright ugly. ;)

Don't take this as critisism of webdesigning skills on a community wide basis, I know
most of the people responsible for the websites have better things to do than to put
days or weeks designing their content to please the eye. As everyone knows already,
content is king and webdesign is for sissies. ;)

However, a non-cluttered look and feel should make a newcomer more inclined to find what
they seek, a link-farm of some sort would enable people to delve further into the world of
linux audio and so on and so forth. It seems to me that most places throughout the Linux
audio community are scattered like islands in a very big ocean with nothing to bridge them.

I was thinking about a top row somewhat like the OSTG-bar on slashdot.org and the like,
with maybe 6-10 of the most central sites in the linux audio community. Any rating of
these sites will not be done by me, that's for sure. ;)

The thought was to incorporate this bar on as many sites as possible, with a central link
repository of some kind. How do you feel about such an idea?

I'm willing to implement it, it there's any interest.

Regards,
Mathias