[linux-audio-user] Help me set the volume for Freebob, please!

From: Carlo Capocasa <capocasa@email-addr-hidden>
Date: Tue Oct 31 2006 - 23:21:46 EET

My Edirol FA-101 gives off a horrendous hiss during
recording AND playback (well, most people probably
wouldn't even notice it consciously, but I find it
horrendous), and I have concluded it is probably
due to the volume control being too low and me
therefore having to jerk up the pre-amps and
internal headphone amp (for which there are physical
controls on the device) way higher than intended.

So what I would like to do is simply turn up the
volume to the highest sensible point for all channels
and use jack applications to control the volume.

I don't need a GUI or anything for this and this is
a one time operation so PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE I BEG YOU
don't make me go ask some friend with a Windows PC if
I can install my driver on his device. I want linux
power. I also want to go around showing people things
they CAN'T do with their proprietary pieces of
slavery.

I'm used to compiling software, just give me a quick
n dirty solution, any solution! Thank you.

Carlo