Re: [linux-audio-user] DeMudi

From: Johannes Mario Ringheim <jri@email-addr-hidden>
Date: Wed Nov 01 2006 - 01:06:26 EET

st wrote:
> I am going to put either Fedora Core, or AGNULA on a laptop that
> will be used for recording sound. Any comments?

After the audiodistro-war going on in my studio it finally boiled down
to planet ccrma, after going through probably every distro with decent
sound/multimedia support out there. It's not your
fully-graphical-configurable desktop distro, but compared to many others
there's a professional and solid feel to it, and it's got fully
optimized kernels easily available.
Most of enabling mp3-playback and other configuration must be done in
the commandline, but there are many good faqs and guides for that, so
you should get most of that working by just pasting commands from your
browser.

I don't vote for either, but for me ccrma has worked out very nicely.

--
Ringheims Auto - Fri musikk for bilstereo!
http://ringheimsauto.org