[linux-audio-user] Re: Re: [ANN] Snd-ls V0.9.7.12 and jack_capture V0.3.9

From: Kjetil S. Matheussen <k.s.matheussen@email-addr-hidden>
Date: Fri Nov 10 2006 - 08:51:01 EET

david:

>>> I suspect they're all due to the missing jack-devel and libsndfile-devel
>>> packages. Neither of them seem to be in my repository (ftp.de.debian.org).

>>> Not even going to try those yet.
>>>

>> I built jack_capture on my Debian Sid box with no problems. I have
>> these installed:
>>
>> libjack0.100.0-dev
>> libsndfile1-dev
>
> Well, so far, all jack_capture tells me is "No valid ports found." JACK
> is running, Rosegarden is playing something via fluidsynth (my Toshiba
> laptop's chipset doesn't include MIDI hardware).

Did you mean "No valid ports selected"?

In case, you only need to write "jack_capture", and thats it, the
--port argument is not necessary. Please also write why you felt the
need to use the --port argument, I probably have to change the
documentation.

In case not, please post the complete output from the terminal, including
the command you used to start jack_capture.