[linux-audio-user] [admin] new linux-audio-* maintainer wanted...

From: Joern Nettingsmeier <nettings@email-addr-hidden-hochschule.de>
Date: Fri Nov 10 2006 - 14:40:25 EET

hi everyone!

over the last couple of months, i have not been able to tend to the
lists very much - moderation latency on laa was sometimes as high as 5
days while i was on tour... sorry for that.

since my workload is not likely to go down in the future, and since i
have unfortunately lost some touch with the linux audio community (i
haven't actually read the lists very much lately, as my main occupations
were live audio and [YUCK!] web development), i'd like to pass on the
baton of the list maintainer.

a few months ago, some people have already volunteered - please drop me
a mail again, i may have lost the old ones.
if you think about taking on the job: we have 3 lists,
linux-audio-[dev|user|announce], all run by mailman on a darwin server
at columbia university, new york. you can have shell access on that box
for admin tasks, and there is a neat web interface for common admin
jobs. basic understanding of mail-related rfcs is certainly helpful, but
i'm not exactly a mail god myself and found the job not too daunting :)

some good spam filter will certainly help with the job - the admin
addresses are getting spammed so heavily that i can't really process
them anymore.

please speak up if you're interested.

best regards,

jörn

--
jörn nettingsmeier
home://germany/45128 essen/lortzingstr. 11/